The table below is a list of the double taxation treaties Cyprus has concluded with 33 countries.
All rates are in percentages.
For the text of the double tax treaties click here.
You can download this table here.
|Canada||5||15||10||10 (8)||15||15 (11)|
|Czech Republic||10||10||5||5 (9)||10||10 (12)|
|Denmark||10||10 (1)||0||0||10||10 (13)|
|France||10||10 (2)||0||0 (10)||10||10 (13)|
|Germany||15||15 (3)||0||0 (10)||10||10 (12)|
|Hungary||5 (1)||nil||0||0||10||10 (12)|
|India||15||15 (2)||15||15||10||10 (12)|
|Kuwait||10||10||5||5 (9)||10||10 (12)|
|Romania||10||10||5||5 (9)||10||10 (12)|
|Slovakia||10||10||5||5 (9)||10||10 (12)|
|Sweden||15||10 (1)||0||0||10||10 (12)|
|Syria||0||0 (1)||15||15 (16)||10||10|
|United Kingdom||15||0(6)||0||0 (10)||10||10|
|U.S.A||5||0 (7)||0||0||10||10 (14)|
- 15% if paid to a company holding a percentage of 25% or less of the share capital.
- 15% if paid to a company holding a percentage of 10% or less of the share capital.
- 10% if paid to a company holding less than 25% of the share capital of the company paying it. However, in the case when the German Corporate Tax provides for the taxation for distributed profits is lower than that in the non-distributed profits and the difference between the rates is 15% or more, the tax withheld increases from 10% to 27%. In all other cases the rate is 15%.
- Withholding of tax shall not exceed the tax imposed on profits on which dividends were paid.
- 5% if paid to a company controlling under 50% of the voting rights.
- If paid to company controlling under 10% of the voting rights, is entitled to the return of the additional deducted ACT in the UK (if it controls more than 10% of the voting rights then it is not entitled to any return).
- 15% if paid to a company controlling under 10% of the voting rights.
- Zero for the production of literary, theatrical, musical or artistic work.
- Zero for the production of literary, theatrical or scientific work the film and the television rights.
- 5% for films and television rights.
- Zero if paid to the government or for export guaranty.
- Zero if paid to the government of another country.
- Zero if paid to the government of another country in respect to bank loans related to the sale on credit of any industrial, commercial or scientific equipment or any goods.
- Zero if paid to a government, bank or financial institution.
- Zero if the rights are related to literary, artistic or scientific work, including films, television or radio productions.
- 10% for rights on the use of literary, artistic or scientific work including film productions for the cinema or for television or a radio station.